Sensational Snack Ideas
Looking for a sensational snack alternative to those sugary foods? Broccoli offers the perfect choice:
- How about some fresh, crisp broccoli and salsa? Filled with flavor and zip, this snack is a powerhouse of nutrition and satisfaction.
- Love dip? Try broccoli florets instead of chips. Save the carbs and fat, gain a texture and flavor that is simply delicious! Want to add a visual twist? Add some broccoflower to the broccoli with some baby carrots and you have an amazing and satisfying treat.
Broccoli For Breakfast
Broccoli for breakfast? Sounds weird, right? Yet these great breakfast ideas will give you the added energy and zip you need for your busy morning.
- Beat a couple of eggs well and add finely chopped broccoli florets, a pinch of salt, and a little shredded cheese. Cook it up and you have a simply delicious breakfast. Looking to cut out some fat? Just omit 1/2 the yolks, and use part skim cheeses.
- Believe it or not, adding just 1/4 cup of broccoli to your favorite carrot muffin recipe or mix adds nutrition and flavor. Just remember to very finely chop the broccoli as you want it to add flavor and not too much texture.
- How about broccoli quiche? Full of the rich delicious goodness, this delectable breakfast can actually be a yummy lunch or light dinner as well!
O.K., so you are looking for a healthy alternative to those packaged lunches? Try broccoli!
- Drizzle a little olive oil and chopped fresh basil, or your favorite salad dressing over broccoli, and cauliflower florets. Add some raisins and slivered almonds and you have a fabulous salad rich worth all the vitamins and nutrients to get you through your busy afternoon
- Not into salad? No problem. Add a couple of leaves of Chinese broccoli to your favorite sandwich and you have an added peppery flavor that offers zip and crunch! If in doubt, try some fresh sprouts or sliced avocado for a flavor balance.
- Love soup? Add some chopped up Chinese broccoli to your favorite microwavable soup before you heat it up. Flavor, color and texture…the perfect combination!
Don’t have time for cooking? Tired of the same old thing? Try these ideas:
- Before you head off to work, break out your crock pot. Slice up an onion, a couple of zucchini, carrots, tomatoes and potatoes. Add some sliced Chinese broccoli, cauliflower, a couple of fresh basil leaves and water to cover. A little salt and pepper, a long time steeping and when you get home…voila, an amazingly delicious soup sensation!
- Why not add some Chinese broccoli to your favorite stir-fry? Just remember to add it toward the end of the cooking process. It is ready when the color is bright rich green.
- Looking for the perfect side to any poultry, meat or fish dish? Steam up some broccoli in a nice white cooking wine and a little butter or margarine until it is tender-crisp and bright green. Add to the pot some slivered almonds just before serving and cover, allowing a few minutes for the flavors to marry. A sensational side dish that compliments, and does not overpower your favorite main dish.
Easier than you might think!
When you think about it, adding broccoli, Chinese broccoli and cauliflower to your diet is easier than you might think. With all the fabulous flavor, and nutritional benefit of these amazing vegetables, why not pick some up today?
This post is part of the series: Better Believe It’s Broccoli!
Broccoli. Packed with goodness, this powerhouse food is better for you than you think, and easier to prepare than you would ever imagine! From broccoli to Chinese broccoli and broccoflower, this series offers everything you need to know about this amazing category of food from purchase to prep!