Applebee’s and Weight Watchers
By working with Weight Watchers, Applebee’s has provided a place where Weight Watchers members (and other weight-conscious customers) can enjoy nutritious palate-pleasing meals in a friendly atmosphere. There is a Weight Watchers “flag” next to the suggested items as you go through the menu so that you can quickly pick them out. You can therefore choose easily to eat in this sensible way of low calorie and yet very tasty meals.
Weight Watchers advises to “resign from the clean plate club” by eating only half your meal and putting the rest in a doggie bag. You will be happily pleased to see how good the balance of your meal will taste warmed up the next day as you also get an extra meal for your money.
Under 550 Calories
Television ads have been appearing telling of Applebee’s “under 550 calorie meals”, and those even include the vegetable and side dish.
Some examples are:
* Grilled Shrimp with rice and vegetable
* Grilled Dijon Chicken and portabella mushrooms with steamed potato and vegetable
* Spicy Shrimp Over Penne
* Asian Crunch Salad with grilled chicken breast
* Southwest Cobb Salad With Grilled Chicken that also has no carbohydrates
* 7 ounce Asiago Peppercorn Sirloin Steak with steamed potato and vegetable.
Even Less Calories
Without adding the side dishes of potato or rice and a vegetable, there are many other choices that have even fewer calories. These include such appetizing dishes as:
* Sizzling Chicken Skillet (360 calories)
* Garlic Herb Chicken (370 calories)
* Grilled Shrimp Skewer Salad (210 calories)
* Tropical Spinach Salad with Grilled Shrimp (263 calories)
* Cajun Lime Tilapia (310 calories)
* Grilled Citrus Chicken Salad served on a bed of greens (240 calories)
* Tomato Basil Soup (a cup is only 84 calories)
* Chicken Portabella Sandwich with fruit (360 calories)
* Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers with rice pilaf and vegetable (270 calories)
* Mesquite Chicken Salad (the least amount of calories in a main dish at 200 calories)
Extras at Applebee’s
Applebee’s concept is to present casual dining with mainstream high-quality wholesome American dishes and a neighborhood type of pub. It is one of the leaders in that field. They encourage the personalization of their restaurants and instruct their managers to personally visit each customer to discuss the meal and the service. Surveys at the table, online, and by phone additionally see how customers feel about their restaurants.
Also offered is “Carside to Go” where you can call in your order and it is brought out to the curb when you drive up to the restaurant.
The employees are encouraged to get involved in neighborhood charities and events as a way to show the community that Applebee’s is very community conscious.
Applebee’s website. https://www.applebees.com/
Weight Watchers. https://www.weightwatchers.com