The Common Cold
The common cold is caused by a viral infection but the good news is that there are homeopathic cold remedies available. They can easily settle in to a person when their resistance is low. Some things that cause a low resistance are:
• Fatigue or physical exertion
• Poor nutrition
• Not enough sleep
To prevent the cold from attacking and settling in a body, proper nutrition and rest are essential. Before, during and after a bout with a cold, a person should consume a lot of water. Fluids that replace electrolytes are also good but not mandatory. Generally these fluids are used with the flu when diarrhea and vomiting are present.
Some basic symptoms include stuffy nose, runny nose, sneezing, aching, watery eyes, lethargy, sore throat, cough, fever and chills. Homeopathic cold remedies are effective and the type of remedy that should be used is based on the symptoms that are present or pronounced.
Homeopathic Cold Remedies
Although the cold virus displays the same symptoms in almost everyone the types of discomfort experienced is generally what homeopathic cold remedies are based on. One example would be the cough associated with this virus. The cough can be present in everyone but one person might have a dry nagging cough while another has a phlegm producing cough. This is true for all of the symptoms, one may be more pronounced than another.
The following are various homeopathic cold remedies that have been used safely and effectively for centuries. Homeopathy is an ancient practice that is being revived in these modern times. The process might’ve changed slightly but the end result is still the same.
• Aconite napellus: symptoms are strong and come on rapidly, dry stuffy nose, tension in the chest, a scratchy or dry throat, and choking cough.
• Allium cepa: burning or stinging watery eyes, a tickling cough, and excessive sneezing.
• Arsenicum album: frequent cold and sore throat sufferer, weakness, restlessness, and excessive sneezing.
• Baryta carbonica: cold sufferers that catch colds repeatedly and are usually from getting too cold, frequent tonsil irritation and inflamed lymph nodes.
• Gelsemium: severe achiness and lethargy with a headache or migraine generally need this specific homeopathic cold remedy.
• Natrum muriaticum: thick, clear mucus discharge from the nose, sneezing, inability to smell and taste, and dry skin with chapped lips.
• Nux vomica: is one of the homeopathic cold remedies that deal with the temperament of a person during the cold (Example: irritable, sensitive to light and sound as well as being very impatient).
• Pulsatilla: yellow or green thick mucus is present, stuffy nose in the heat and runny nose in the cold air.
• Rhus toxicodendron: intense aches and pains.
Please read this disclaimer regarding the information contained within this article. Disclaimer