The first thing to note is that 1300 calorie meal plans are not for everyone. If you are extremely physically active or significantly overweight, 1300 calories a day may not be enough to meet your basic nutritional needs. It is a good idea to always consult with your doctor or another medical professional before starting any diet, especially ones that could be considered too low in calories for your health.
Also, even if 1300 calories a day is okay for your body and activity profile you still should not keep it up permanently. Articles in “Good Housekeeping” and websites such as Dietspotlight note most people require at least 2,000 calories a day. Dietspotlight notes that 1300 calorie meal plans are typically considered “just above starvation level.” So be smart when using any low-calorie diet, and remember, if it doesn’t feel right, then you should not do it.
A Few Meal Ideas
Designing your own 1300 calorie meal plans can be tough; fortunately, “Good Housekeeping” and the Dietspotlight website offer several ideas. Remember that it is not just enough to eat 1300 calories. You must achieve the proper balance of food nutrition to achieve your weight loss goals.
For breakfast, you could eat the following:
- 1 1/4 cups of bran flakes cereal
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup fat-free milk
A good lunch for 1300 calorie meal plans could be as follows:
- 1 whole-wheat pita
- 6 tbsp hummus
- Tomato and cucumber slices
- Baby spinach leaves
- Vinegar or fat-free vinegar-based dressing
- 1 kiwi
- 6 ounces of low-fat or “light” yogurt
Dinnertime on any diet can be tough, especially if you are cooking for family members or dining out. Here are some ideas for dinner to go along with your new 1300 calorie meal plans; they might also please your family members’ palates.
Spicy chicken recipe:
- Place a 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast in the center of a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Top the chicken with about 3/4 cup of canned corn and peppers and 1/4 cup of salsa. If you like, you can also add about 1 tablespoon of cilantro.
- Fold the foil over the chicken, creating a “packet.”
- Bake the chicken on a cookie sheet at 450 degrees for approximately 17 minutes.
Salad with 1 peeled tangerine, 1/4 cup sliced ripe avocado, 1 slice of red onion, 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Salad with 3 to 4 cups of baby spinach leaves, 1 hard-boiled egg, 2 strips of crumbled cooked bacon, 5 mushrooms, 1/3 cup croutons, 1/4 cup feta cheese, and three slices of red onion. Also, you can add any flavored vinegar to this as a dressing.
- One pear.
Nutritious 1300 calorie meal plans can help you lose weight quickly.
“Dietspotlight: 1300 Calorie Review.” https://www.dietspotlight.com/1300-calorie-review/
“Good Housekeeping: Lose 10 Pounds in a Month.” https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet/diet-tasty-low-cal-hammock-0403