- slide 1 of 4
In today's age, we are facing an obesity epidemic. People could certainly stand to lose a few pounds. However, you don't have to be obese in order to lose weight. All you need is a desire for a leaner body, which many people have. Exercise is a great way to shed pounds from your body. But diet alone can help you accomplish your goals. Here are some of the best weight loss diet tricks that will help you stay slim.
- slide 2 of 4
Tips and Tricks
- Eat less. This is so simple and yet so effective. The easiest way to lose weight is to take in less food than you need. Remember, 1 pound is equal to 3,500 calories. The average person utilizes about 2,000 calories a day (more or less depending on body weight, body type, gender and other factors). Creating a 500 calorie-a-day deficit will let you lose a pound in one week.
- Eat small, frequent meals throughout the day. This will keep you from feeling hungry in between meals and helps you eat less than you normally would.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. These are low-calorie, calorie-dense foods. They will keep you full without letting you pack pounds. In addition, they give you the nutrients you need to stay healthy.
- Replace high-fat items with items that are low in fat. Chances are that you won't know the difference, at least after the first few times you eat this way. For example, use 2 percent or skim milk instead of full-fat milk. Use spreads made from vegetables oils as opposed to pure butter.
- Eat slowly. It takes your brain about 20 minutes to realize that it's full. The faster you eat, the more you will eat.
- Drink plenty of water. Sure, initially you'll put on some weight, but you pee it out anyway. So what's the advantage of drinking water? It keeps you hydrated so you feel full. Sometimes the body can mistake dehydration for hunger. Don't allow this to happen to you.
Above are the best weight loss diet tricks I have to offer. Now, here are some additional tips and tricks. While the methods below will not allow you to necessarily lose fat, they will allow your body to lose water weight. This will reduce the weight of your body. This is ideal for anyone who wants to shed a few pounds for the sake of a readout on a weighing machine.
- Eat less carbohydrates. Carbohydrates help you hold in water. If you want less water weight on your body, follow this simple tip
- Eat less salt. Salt also helps you retain water. Lose the salt and you'll shed the pounds
- slide 3 of 4
Some of the best weight loss diet tricks go hand in hand with certain precautions that must be followed. Always consult with your physician before starting a weight loss program or modifying your diet. Weight loss is much better accomplished as a long process as opposed to something you achieve rapidly.
All forms of weight loss result in the loss of muscle tissue as well. However, rapid weight loss will result in the loss of higher amounts of muscle tissue. Furthermore, bone density is lost during the weight loss process as well. Both of this can be minimized with a protracted weight loss program. Remember that with a more gradual weight loss program, you can have a body that is more toned and lean with a stronger skeletal system than you would if you lost weight quickly. Losing weight slowly makes more sense. It helps shape a leaner you as opposed to creating a smaller version of yourself.