What is a Fad Diet?
Fad diets are weight loss plans that become popular very quickly. Serveral plans have jumped to the forefront of popular culture in recent years and others have received bad publicity after their burst of fame. Fad diets that work all have something in common. They demand strict adherence to a meal plan and require discipline to stick within their guidelines. The reward is quick weight loss, sometimes with dramatic results.
The grape diet is a fad diet that works, although not only for weight loss. Brought to the public’s attention by Johanna Brandt, this extremely strict regime has been shown to have a remarkable effect on disease. Heal your body with the grape diet.
- The plan includes simply eating as many grapes as desired along with drinking water. Everything else is not allowed; no other foods or beverages.
- It is also required that you do not drink any water within an hour after eating grapes, since it will dilute the strength of the properties found within the grapes.
- This is a fad diet that works, especially if you have health issues you want to work on as well as weight loss.
Mono Food Diet
The Mono Food diet is a straight-forward weight loss plan that focuses on digestion. This fad diet that works can be customized to your likes and dislikes. The premise is that by eating only one type of food at a meal, it allows your body to break it down and digest properly.
- Mono Food Diet involves eating only one food at each meal.
- Starchy food requires alkaline digestive juices to break the food down correctly while high protein food needs acidic juices.
- Easy to follow, since meal planning is very simple.
- No snacks allowed.
- High protein foods include; nuts, eggs, cheese, fish and meat.
- High carb are vegetable and fruit.
- Starches are bread, pasta, rice and potatoes
Special K Diet
Special K Challenge is a fad diet promoted by Kellogg Company. This fad involve using Kellogg products for 2 weeks as a jumpstart for weight loss.
- Eat Special K cereal for breakfast with 2/3 cup of skim milk and a piece of fruit.
- Replace either lunch or dinner with a repeat of breakfast.
- Eat one regular meal prepared nutritiously with lean protein, small portions and
- Special K bars by Kellogg can be eaten as a snack.
- The claim is that dieters can lose up to six pounds within 2-weeks.
- Try different kids of the Special K products while on this diet.
Another product-based fad diet that works. It is meant to be used for 48 hours and involves only ingesting a specially formulated juice which contains vitamins and minerals. The diet claims to help you lose between 5 and 10lbs while on the diet.
- No alcohol, caffeine based drinks or smoking while on the diet.
- Replace the purchased Hollywood Diet bottles of juice by making a similar concoction with 4 oranges, 2 lemons, 2 Tbls. honey, 1 banana, 1 peeled apple, 1 cup of grape juice. Blend thoroughly and then add 2 pints of spring water to sip on throughout the day.
- Fad diets that work through juicing cause a quick weight loss that will quickly be replaced if you return to regular eating patterns.
One Day Diet
The one day diet is much like the Hollywood Diet although fasting is done with a vegetable base. It will produce a quick weight loss if you follow it perfectly.
- Blend the following; 1 pound fresh tomatoes, 2 oz grated cheddar cheese, 1/2 raw onion, 1 stick of celery, 1/2 green pepper, salt and pepper to taste and distilled water.
- Drink this concoction over the course of one day.
- It should produce 8 small glasses of juice to be sipped every 2 hours during the day.
Free Fad Diets - https://www.free-fad-diets.com/index.html