Many people find that the process of losing weight is a chronic event, especially because it's very common to regain weight after losing it. The reason a lot of popular diet plans circulating today are unsuccessful in the end is because they do not address how to keep the weight off once you've lost it.
The following are two week weight loss plans that will help you reach your goals of weight loss and includes proper nutrition and effective workouts that will get you toned and help you burn calories. There is a vast array of effective plans for weight loss that can range from biking, gardening, dancing and even doing household chores. The best motivation for weight loss is whether you will enjoy the activity so choose a plan that works for you and the following are some helpful strategies.
Two-Week Weight Loss Plans
It is wise to first consult with your doctor in order to determine how fit you are for the activity you choose. Before starting a fitness routine, you should first warm up and next do a few light stretches. The following are 3 different types of exercises that will aid in overall physical fitness: Flexibility training, strength conditioning, and cardiovascular activity.
Cardio Respiratory Routine
- A great cardio program will consist of a person stressing the cardio respiratory system to a point that their heart rate is elevated and their breathing intensifies. This should be done 4-5 times per week for 30-45 minutes each with something like brisk walking or running. Start off slowly and gradually for safety reasons so your body will become adjusted to the exercise.
- Exercises that target the major muscle groups at a pace that is easy to be performed 8-12 times is a great place to start. As you adjust to the exercise, gradually add more sets or repetitions. For maximum results perform the strength training twice a week. Never work the same muscle groups for 2 days in a row. Make sure you get enough water as working the muscles tend to allow you to sweat a lot and eat the proper nutrition as stated above for a 1-2 pound weight loss. Some exercises include
- Squats-Perform 2-3 non consecutive days for 12 reps
- Pushups-Works the abs, chest, triceps, back, shoulders. Do 2-3 non consecutive days
- Crunch Exercises-For more additional information on strength training exercises visit https://www.brighthub.com/health/fitness/articles/101964.aspx
The ACE recommends doing gradual sustained stretches for 3-7 days a week and the stretches should last for ten-thirty seconds.
- Active Isolated-This type of stretching is a type of flexibility training that was developed to eliminate the setbacks of static stretching. With this stretching you put the body in a position that will let you stretch a single muscle group. Next, contract the muscles that are located on the reverse side of the muscles you are attempting to stretch while you pull on the muscles you are targeting into a more intense stretch than what you are use to. Each stretch lasts for a duration of 2 seconds and for 10 reps.
Don’t Forget Diet
Make sure your eating plan is safe and nutritious. A diet that has all of the recommended daily allowances for protein, minerals, and vitamins will keep you healthy and speed the weight loss process. Many people feel that keeping the calories very low will aid in weight loss but actually the complete opposite is true. Keeping the calories extremely low may result in slowing the metabolism to the point that weight loss halts. Women can stay with around 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day where men can stay between 1,200 and 1,600 calories a day. Staying on this plan for two weeks should result in a 1 to 2 pound weight loss each week or even more
Simple Weight Loss Tips
- Exercise is Vital-Exercise is probably the most essential ingredient in whether a person will succeed in weight loss and maintain the weight loss.
- Weight training and weight loss-Building muscle will significantly aid with weight loss because the more muscle a person builds, the more calories they will burn. Fat is not an active tissue, muscle is. World class weight lifters have to eat thousands of calories when they train such as those at https://www.brighthub.com/health/fitness/articles/94360.aspx in order to maintain their weight.
- Keep a Food Journal-This is huge and will keep you motivated to stay on the right path. Writing down all the foods you eat everyday can help with self awareness about trigger foods, which foods to stay away from, the amounts of foods you eat, and those that work well on your plan.
- Lose weight Slowly-Losing 15 pounds in 2 weeks is probably not the healthiest goal to set and should not be encouraged. Too quick weight loss will usually result in loss of muscle and water, not fat. Making small changes such as eliminating 250 calories from the diet each day can result in a one pound weight loss each week.
Remember, it is best to lose weight slowly and gradually, which will raise the odds of you keeping of permanently. With proper planning, things such as two week weight loss exercise plans and proper nutrition can help you meet your weight loss goals and also improve your health.