Natural Remedies for Nausea Relief
For nausea relief, slowly sip on a carbonated beverage, such as club soda, ginger ale, or Perrier.
Yarrow tea can stop nausea quickly. Add 1 teaspoon of yarrow herb to 1 cup of hot water, cover, steep for 7 minutes, strain, and drink.
Ginger tea has been used for many years to treat queasy stomachs. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 3/4 teaspoon of chopped ginger, cover, steep for 5 minutes, strain, and drink.
If you are not on a sodium-restricted diet, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to a cup of cold water and drink slowly. You should see results within a few minutes.
If your nausea is related to tainted food, take charcoal capsules (found in most health food stores) to absorb toxins. Charcoal is not for everyday use because it can also absorb vitamins and minerals. Use as directed.
Squeeze some fresh lemon juice in a cup of warm water and slowly sip on it.
Other natural remedies for nausea relief:
- steep a few cloves in hot water for 5 minutes, strain, and drink
- steep a piece of cinnamon stick in hot water and drink
- suck on peppermint candy or a lemon wedge (just smelling peppermint candy or a freshly cut lemon can help relieve nausea)
- drink carob powder in water
- mix 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and drink.
If you have none of the above remedies, crush an ice cube and suck on the little pieces. Cooling yourself down will also help. Place a cold compress over your forehead.
Please read this disclaimer regarding the information contained within this article.