- The Best Foods for Lowering Cholesterol
Sometimes, foods that help lower cholesterol can be as effective as drugs when incorporated with other factors like exercising regularly. Learn what foods should be added to your diet.
- Foods to Speed Up the Fat-Burning Process
Foods that accelerate fat burning do so by increasing metabolism, the chemical process in the body that burns up fat. Such foods work by energizing the body, prompting the body to burn more fat to meet increased energy demands.
- How Can Kidney Stones Be Prevented with a Diet Low in Oxalates?
Do you want to know which foods low in oxalates may help you prevent kidney stones from occurring? Read on to learn how to avoid this disease by following a healthy diet.
- Where's the Beef? Different Cuts of Beef to Include in Your Diet
One simple cut of beef may have a handful of choices to choose from. With beef, the cuts of meat are plentiful which can leave anyone scratching their head. Learning about the different kinds of beef and what they are good for will help to take away the grocery store confusion.
- Foods that Increase the Risk for Migraines: Avoid Them at All Costs
Do you suffer from a headache after eating cheese, ice cream, or drinking red wine? If so, they may be triggers of migraines. Learn which foods can contribute to severe headaches; ones you should avoid and the reasons why.
- Best Vegetables for Reducing Blood Pressure and Improving Health
Find out which vegetables have beneficial effects on blood pressure and learn about the role of potassium and magnesium.
- Ideas for a Clear Liquid Diet: Saving Your Sanity When Your Options Are Limited
For some medical procedures and conditions, your doctor may prescribe a short-term diet of clear liquids. This does not have to be a deadly-dull ordeal if you include flavorful alternatives to the usual bland fare and try these clear liquid diet food ideas.
- 6 Tips on How to Reduce the Sodium in Your Diet
The typical American diet is loaded with salt, and experts agree that cutting back on sodium can reduce the risk of high blood pressure and heart disease. Reducing your sodium intake may seem challenging, but it can be easy by following a few simple tips.
- Healthy Angel Food Dessert Ideas: Delicious, Guilt-Free Treats for Every Occasion
If you are looking for a healthy dessert, look no further than an angel food cake. This just-sweet-enough cake is delicious served solo, but it makes an excellent base for other toppings, sauces and add-ons because it is not overly sweet. Serve one of these treats soon and bask in the compliments.
- Health Benefits and Safety Concerns Regarding Xylitol
Is xylitol safe to eat? Yes it is, although some precautions should be taken. Learn more about this all-natural sweetener, including what research has to say about it.
(2 of 56)