Natural Ways to Relieve Rib Pain During Pregnancy
Always inform your healthcare provider of any pain.
• Rib pain is often worse in a sitting position. Be sure to sit up straight and periodically get up to do some gentle stretches.
• Use good posture at all times. Slouching can compress your stomach and cause more pain to your ribs and chest.
• Raise your arms above your head. This can help relieve some pressure and provide some temporary relief.
• Prenatal yoga, breathing, and other relaxation exercises can be effective in treating rib pain during pregnancy.
• Wear a supportive bra but not one that is too tight. Avoid under wire bras because they can put too much pressure on your ribs. If you need to buy a new bra, invest in a nursing bra which can be useful after your baby is born.
• Wear loose clothing to keep extra pressure from your belly.
• If you have pain on one side only, sleep on the unaffected side. Use pillows to cushion and support your body for added comfort.
• Visiting an acupuncturist, chiropractor, or massage therapist may help relieve rib pain during pregnancy.