Natural Healing for Tongue Cut
Most tongue cuts do not require medical treatment and will heal on their own quickly. The following natural remedies can help soothe the pain and speed up the healing process:
• Apply an ice cube on the affected area. This will help relieve pain by numbing the tongue.
• Rinse your mouth with warm salt water. Salt can help prevent infection and speed up healing time.
• Eat a teaspoon of honey two times a day. Honey can treat pain, prevent infection, and accelerate recovery time.
• Mix a teaspoon of honey with a pinch of turmeric powder. Like salt and honey, turmeric can also protect the tongue from bacteria.
• Mix together some aloe vera juice, olive oil, and lemon balm extract. Apply to the cut. This natural remedy is very effective in treating a tongue cut.
• Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with enough water to form a thick paste. Apply to the affected area and leave on for 5-10 minutes. Do this 2-3 times a day to relieve pain and help with the healing process.
• Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 2 teaspoons of dried goldenseal herb, cover, steep for 10 minutes, and strain. Rinse your mouth with this solution 2-3 times a day.
• Another natural healing for tongue cut is eating foods rich in vitamins B and C.