- slide 1 of 2
Addressing an Imbalance
When we think of female hormone imbalance, we often think only of our actual hormones. There is so much involved in the treatment of hormone imbalance. Often times one must seek professional help, but before you run to the doctor, try some of these techniques.
The first step is to take a look at your adrenal health. If by chance you have lived a very slow paced, stress free life, your adrenals may just be in good shape. If they are, they will produce enough of the necessary estrogens and progesterone that you need when you hit menopause and your ovaries begin to shut down. For most of us, unfortunately, this will just not be the case.
It is considered normal for us to live a very fast paced, caffeinated, stressful kind of life. Our adrenals tend to be shot and cannot pick up the slack when our ovaries begin to shut down. The first step we must take in the treatment of hormone imbalance is to rebuild our adrenal glands. In order to do this we must take these steps:
- Drink licorice tea
- Take maca
- Take deer antler extract
- Learn to relax by deep breathing
- Learn to deal appropriately with stress in a healthy manner
- Recognize the stressful areas of your life that you can do something about and take action. Recognize the areas that you cannot do something about and let them go
- Kick the coffee habit
The next important step to take in order to correct a female hormone imbalance is to cleanse your liver. Your liver is the filter for your body. Your liver breaks down and eliminates the estrogens in your body. If the liver is overloaded with toxins and is not properly detoxifying your body, it will not be able to get rid of the excess estrogens and they will recirculate through your body and cause an imbalance. In order to cleanse your liver you can take the following steps:
- Do Dr. Gabriel Cousens liver and gall bladder cleanse which you can purchase through the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center
- Clean up your diet. Refrain from eating refined sugars and processed carbohydrates and eat a lot more vegetables, fruits, raw nuts and seeds, lean proteins and sprouted foods
- Do periodic cleansing such as a 7 day green juice fast, a green smoothie fast, or simply only eating fresh fruits and vegetables for a week
- Drink dandelion tea instead of coffee
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Get plenty of sunshine
- Learn how to think in a healthy manner
If you have sincerely tried all of these techniques with no positive change in your hormone health, then you may need to seek professional help.
- slide 2 of 2
Please read this disclaimer regarding the information contained within this article.