- slide 1 of 1
6 Best Ab Exercises
Getting great abs is just as important for women as it is for men, maybe even more so. The best ab exercises involve repetition, endurance to stick with the routine, motivation to finish your routine and proper diet.
Here are the 6 best ab exercises that will get you the abs you’ve always dreamed of.
- Leg Lifts - This is actually an exercise that dancers use a lot. This strengthens and firms up their abs. The reason they consider it one of the best abs exercises is because you can choose the do it while lying down on the floor, or standing up. To do the leg lift while lying down, make sure your back is firmly supported by the floor. First lift one leg straight up, then alternate with the other leg. Do this for several counts. Then lift both legs, making sure you do not bend your knees, and bring them as close to your face as possible. Then slowly lower your legs and leave it hanging about 2 inches off the ground for as long as you can. As your legs are hanging, make sure your abs are tucked in and not extended to support your legs. This is one of the best ab exercises that you can do.
- Sits ups - There are so many kinds of sit ups you can choose from. One of the best forms of sit ups is having a partner hold down your feet as you bend your knees and lift up. Alternate trying to touch your left elbow to your right knee and vice versa.
- Jack knife - This kind of sit up is also considered one of the best ab exercises. From a lying down position, you will need to carry your body to the sitting position. Your left shoulder should try to reach for your right leg and vice versa. Of course as you go into sitting position, you bend your leg forward as well.
- Push ups or Pull ups – The reason why these work great for your abs is that they are responsible for maintaining your stability while your feet are off of the ground. They also serve to build up the muscles around your abs like chest and back.
- Crunches - Are another winner as one of the best ab exercises. All it takes is to crunch up your body and alternate trying to touch your left elbow to your right knee while in a sitting position.
- Static hold and side stats - This is an exercise is similar to a push up except your elbows are on the ground and your body flat. Holding that position for as long as possible helps to strengthen your abdominal muscles and get you the abs you want.
All the best ab exercises will work for you but you will need to accompany it with the proper diet and nutrition.
Make sure you also do alternative exercise programs like running, jump roping, and engaging in sports. Remember that small steps can take you a long way.