- slide 1 of 5
The Shake Weight is a new exercise product that seems to be flying off the shelves. It is designed to strengthen and tone the muscles of the upper body: arms, shoulders, and chest.
The Shake Weight weighs 2.5 pounds and looks similar to a regular dumbbell. At each end of the dumbbell, you will notice that it moves. The movement that the weight makes is called dynamic inertia.
A great feature about the product is that is does not require batteries. The motion that the weight makes, you create yourself. The creation of this motion is supposed to benefit the muscles more than traditional weight training.
- slide 2 of 5
- The Shake Weight is very affordable. The average cost of the Shake Weight is $20. If bought from the store, you can easily return the product if not satisfied.
- The Shake Weight can go anywhere. You can bring it to work and use it on your lunch break or leave it by your chair and exercise during your favorite television program.
- You can feel the Shake Weight working when you use it. When I feel a burn, I feel like the exercise is actually working.
- It can be used as a great warm-up routine before doing more intense exercises.
- The product is designed mainly for women. You can not build muscle bulk with it and it is only beneficial when wanting to tone the muscles in the arms and upper body.
- slide 3 of 5
- I didn't see a major difference in the Shake Weight and a traditional dumbbell. Although the exercise is more fun.
- It is easy to plateau while using this product. It only weighs 2.5 pounds so after using it for a while there really isn't an option to intensify the workout.
- It is only available in one weight. This limits your exercise routine and does not provide variety.
- The Shake Weight is advertised as an exercise tool to help create a "feminine muscle shape". However, there is no evidence that this motion leads to a more feminine shape than other upper body workouts.
- The Shake weight can only be used to help tone the arms. Other weights, such as strap-on weights, can be used on other parts of the body as well.
- slide 4 of 5
The Bottom Line
The Shake Weight is a purchase I did not regret making. If it cost more I would be wanting a refund, but since it only cost $20, it is something I can live with. I do enjoy using the product more than traditional dumbbells, although I can not make my exercise more difficult as time goes on. Overall, I recommend buying the Shake Weight. It is a fun exercise that I can take with me anywhere and doesn't put a strain on my family's wallet.
- slide 5 of 5
The Official Shake Weight Website: The Shake Weight - https://www.shakeweight.com/flare/next