Pruritus is a skin condition in which the patient suffers from excessive itchiness. Herbal and homeopathic medicine has developed a number of effective homeopathic remedy pruritus to solve this problem. Read about several interesting homeopathic remedies, including lemon juice and even baking soda.
Pruritus is the medical term given to identify sensations that make a person want to scratch. The reasons or why pruritus develops is still unclear but what is known is that the pruritus condition given rise to itchy skin, which in extreme cases can lead to depression and anxiety. Development of the condition can be due to existing skin diseases, like urticaria, or internal disorders, like kidney failure.
A Number of Effective Homeopathic Remedies for Pruritus
There are both conventional treatment and alternative treatment of pruritus. Alternative or homeopathic remedy pruritus is easily available at home. These home care remedies help to reduce the desire to itch and soothe the skin for quick recovery. Below are given some remedies for pruritus:
- Lemon contains aromatic elements and it is also an anti-inflammatory agent. Squeeze raw lemon on the areas affected with pruritus and let it dry naturally. The skin absorbs the lemon juice and helps to reduce the itching sensation.
- Apply basil tea on the pruritus affected skin. In homeopathic remedy pruritus, basil leaves are known as a topical anesthetic agent. Boil water and add few dried basil leaves to the water. Cover and let it soak. Do not let out the fragrance of the basil leaves; otherwise, its real essence will be lost. When the water cools down, use a cloth to soak in the basil water and apply on the affected pruritus skin.
- Aloe vera is a safe and effective healer. For hundreds of years, homeopathic medicines have experimented with the medicinal benefits of aloe vera. The extract is not only suitable for healing burns but also helps in curing itches. If you have Aloe Vera plant at home, gently snap off a leaf, break the leaf from middle and apply the extract on the skin inflammation. It instantly soothes the skin and heals also.
- Mild pruritus itches can be treated with baking water. Add a cup of baking soda to warm bath water. Soak yourself for at least 30 minutes and then let the body dry naturally. If this is not possible, then make a thick paste of baking soda and water, and apply on the effected areas. Baking soda battles the itches. However, if the skin is broken, baking soda should not be used.
- Make thyme rinse by adding ½ tsp of thyme to boiling water and allowing it to cool. After some time, dip clean cloth into the solution and rub it on all the affected areas. Thyme is a cooling agent, it contains volatile thymol constituent, has anti – inflammatory properties, and is anesthetic. The thyme rinse soothes the skin and cures pruritus quickly.
Give It a Try?
In all, pruritus is a skin condition that needs cure at the earliest. It is difficult to avoid and cure. Staying away from allergens and other stimulants may help reduce your itching. Furthermore, all the remedies above are effective and natural. They treat the skin to ease the person from pruritus symptoms.
Why not try out a few of them and leave us some feedback regarding how it worked out for you! Be sure to consult a medical practitioner regarding the safety of using whichever of these methods before you do. Every individual is unique and react differently to different liquids and substances.
The logic behind homeopathic medicine may be vague to some. Yet still, thousands are cured through its treatments regularly. Maybe it is time for you to try out this path as well in your mission to cure pruritus.