How is Deer Antler Used in Chinese Medicine?
Let’s take a moment to understand the aspects of the deer antler and how the components can directly help the body:
1. The medicinal properties of the gelatin made from the deer antler nourish the spleen and kidney
2. The glucosamine and chondroitin aspects in the deer antler help in reducing pain and inflammation in the joints.
3. The large amounts of calcium found within the deer antler can not only prevent conditions such as osteoporosis but it can strengthen the bones significantly if symptoms are already noticeable.
4. The collagens also help with joint health as well as repairing the connective tissues.
5. Arthritis and tendonitis are both relieved due to the anti-inflammatory properties.
6. Bone marrow in the human body has also been known to be significantly nourished by deer antler. This helps to eliminate the threat of marrow diseases or problems. Monoacetyldiglycerides are molecules found in deer antler that in proven studies have shown to stimulate stem cell production within our bone marrow.
Now, let’s take a look at the various conditions that deer antler in Chinese medicine has often been used in centuries past and currently in modern uses.
1. Cytotoxic to cells that carry leukemia.
2. Amplifies erythropoietin in plasma, erythrocyte counts and hemoglobin in the blood.
3. Stimulates optimal heart, liver, kidney and blood vessel function.
4. Improves mental capacity
5. Increases physical strength/stamina.
6. Repairs a damaged liver
7. Increases fertility
8. Positive benefits in metabolism function.